Friday, January 22, 2010

Anyone else feel cheated by Walgreen's Register Rewards?

I'm not having the best of luck with Walgreen's Register Rewards. It seems like every time I go to use them, they are expired! Now I know that they have the date marked on them, but they are so insanely short dated. If I was a full-time shopper, it wouldn't be a problem, but I do have a busy life. Here's my point - on Jan 4, I supposedly earned $9 worth of rewards. The store has a policy that you can not use them on the same visit, so I figured I'd be back soon enough. Well, life happens, and I finally made it back 16 days later only to see that they expired 2 days earlier! I know if I was shopping at CVS, they would honor the coupon - in fact, CVS is very generous about extending dates on their earned rewards coupons. Walgreen's, on the other hand, is quite stoic about the dates.

So, in the end, I feel I was tricked into purchasing items I didn't really need, and then sucker punched when I showed up 2 days late to redeem them.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment